Aquatic Biologists, Inc. biologists design and install aeration system utilizing a variety of products to efficiently and effectively provide oxygen to your water resource. Prior to installation, your biologist will determine the correct size, placement and number of aeration units your lake requires based on its BOD (Biological Oxygen Demand). ABI's field technicians provide a seamless installation and excellent end result that is non-invasive to surrounding landscape.
Aeration System Maintenance
Each part of aeration system is tested during our maintenance services to insure your system is performing efficiently and at optimal levels at all times. Regular maintenance performed includes...
- Cleaning the Compressor Cabinet
- Replacing Compressor Air Filters (Both Internal and External)
- Changing Cabinet Air Filters (Where Applicable)
- Inspection and Cleaning of the Aeration System Compressor
- Fan Lubrication and Cleaning (Where Applicable)
- Inspection, Cleaning, and Acid Washing Aeration System Diffusers
- Visual Inspection of Pond
Fountain Installation, Maintenance & Storage
Our staff is manufacturer trained and qualified to install and service AquaMaster and Kasco floating fountains. ABI's biologists and field technicians take part in continuing education directly through the fountain manufacturers to become experts in floating fountain technology and innovation.
During our maintenance service, all fountain controls and motor functions are tested to insure proper function. The fountain is carefully inspected, cleaned, and serviced as required yearly. Storage in our secure facility is available during the cold winter months when fountains need to be removed to prevent damage from ice.
Decorative floating fountains are well known for creating peaceful, soothing, relaxing environments while adding beauty to your lake or pond. Fountains provide a degree of aeration, but are primarily recommended for aesthetics and keeping the water from becoming stagnant. With the seemingly unending number of fountain manufacturers and options to choose from, ABI has put together a short list of items to consider before purchasing a fountain:
- Size and depth of the lake or pond
- Type and availability of power
- Distance of the power source to the fountain control panel & distance from the control panel to the fountain
- Placement of the fountain in the water
- Strategically place the fountain so it augments unique features and highlights. Generally, the center of most ponds but varies depending on the pond's size, layout, and if you are trying to cover up background noise from neighbors.
- Will you want to change patterns?
- Vary patterns to add more visual interest if you have multiple fountains
- Spray height
- Select a spray height in proportion to the size of the lake or pond
- Never exceed half the diameter of the pond; otherwise the water will spill out & waste water
- Set different spray heights to add more visual interest if you have multiple fountains
- Lighting options
- The addition of lights can make a fountain mesmerizing at night
- Can you add lights later?
- Will lights cost more if purchasing separately?
- Installation time
- If in cold climates - cost of seasonal removal & storage
- Actual cost of running the unit